Applications Open: Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Applications are now open for the Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance program. It pays up to 12 months of missed rent and utilities payments and up to 3 months of future rent payments. Payments will be made directly to your landlord and utility company.
Applications open March 11, 2021 and will be accepted until April 2, 2021
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Live in suburban Cook County and rent their home (Landlords may apply on behalf of eligible tenants)
- Lack access to other support (e.g., don’t live in public housing or receive rental assistance from other programs during the same time period)
- Have proof of financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a household annual income at or below these requirements:
What counts as a COVID-19 related financial hardship?
- Financial hardships related to COVID-19 include:
- Losing your income
- Working fewer hours
- Being furloughed
- Quitting your job because you are at high risk for COVID-19 and need to self-isolate
- Losing work to stay home to care for a child
If you need assistance completing the online application or with language services, please contact the Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance Program helpline at 877-426-6515. You will receive assistance and be referred to one of our partner agencies below if needed.